Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I got an odd feeling in my stomach.

I got an odd feeling in my stomach. I don't know if its the excitement, anxiety, or the malaria pill I started taking today! In any event I know I'm starting an adventure that I'll never forget. Although I've tried to do alot of research so I won't be completely baffled by the culture shock, I hear nothing can really prepare someone for it.


Tomorrow I'll be leaving Winnipeg and going to Denver -> Los Angeles -> Singapore -> Bangkok -> Katmandu, Nepal. Which is about 20hours of flying.

I'll be meeting my uncle Michel there, where we will re-cooperate, then begin to make our way to Bhulbhule where we will be starting the Ananpurna circuit. The circuit should take us about 3 weeks to complete where we will travel 300KMs and over the Thorung La pass ( which is about 5416M or 17,000ft above sea level).

During the trek we will be staying in very primitive hostels which are called Tea Houses. Since on the trek there most likely be no internet cafes I won't be loading any photos, but i will asap, likely along with some videos of the terrain, and maybe a couple of Vlogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment