Friday, October 29, 2010

Mmm curry

Here in Varanasi it's quite busy like the rest of India. Surprisingly I've gotten used to it, although when i first got here I was pretty much like " :O holy sh*t". There are auto rickshaws everywhere, and the driving is similar to Nepal, but at higher speeds so it can be quite nerve racking at times.

At first following our driver to our hotel, I though I'd never figure out these streets, but I seem to have gotten used to it and am managing quite well. I should probably clarify that they really arn't streets, but more so of alley ways, narrow may be 10ft wide. This can be quite nerve racking because motorcycles, scooters, and cows all utilize these streets. Since the cow is holy to hindu's there are many cows everywhere. It's nearly impossible to find out who owns them, but no one seems to bother them (except for maybe the frequent obnoxious horn from a motorcycle) We are staying at a small but cozy hotel called the Monu family guest house, which is quite nice.

I have run out of time tho and i will try and finish this post before i leave Varanasi, so it's fresh in my mind

much love
- Jacques

No comments:

Post a Comment