Monday, October 18, 2010

Kathmandu round 2

To recap White water rafting was wicked awesome! I'd really like to do more and/or kayaking with my dad once I'm back in Canada. It was a shame that the nature of the sport has so much water involved, well not a shame lol, but i guess more so a shame that my camera is not water proof, cause i didn't get any photos. Not even me wearing a helmet and lifejacket on the shore ( thankfully, because they were atrociously colored ). Anyway it was a good time. We went out in a day group which consisted of about 10 tourists. The set up was 6 people on one raft, and 4 on the other. Once we had gotten to the river they gave us a brief safety orientation but for the most part it was just fairly simple rowing commands. Once we had gotten onto the river it was quite fun being thrown around and trying to stay on the raft. Apprently it was level 3-4 rapids ( highest being 6) if that helps give you an idea of the intensity. To summarize the trip it was about 2 hours of going through rapids, all my clothes wet, and a lot of fun.

After a not-so-bad bus ride from Pokhara-> Kathmandu (about 6 hours to go 200km -.-), Mike and I made it back to Kathmandu. We are staying at the same hotel as last time which was quite nice. We don't have to many plans, just to go see the city, and other small village around.

No comments:

Post a Comment